F O S   P i c k l e b a l l   C l u b

Click here to edit subtitle

MINUTES FROM THE FOS PICKLEBALL CLUB MEETING

NOVEMBER 14, 2018

Board Member’s Present: Alice Mullin, Lori Ferrell, Marilyn Block, Jess Smith, Mark Welshinger

The meeting was called to order at 5 PM by Alice Mullin.


TREASURER’S REPORT

Marilyn Block provided the treasurer’s report. As of October 31, 2018, the balance was $1,672.67. She also indicated that membership dues have been collected from 22 people so far, not including what was collected at this evening’s meeting. Alice noted that any of the board members can accept the $10 due fee.

Motion made by Marilyn Block and seconded by Mark Welshinger to accept the financial report as submitted. Motion carried. Opposed: None.


VOLUNTEER/ACTIVITY COORDINATOR

Lori Ferrell has agreed to be the volunteer/activity coordinator. There will be a meeting, tentatively set to meet at Birdies Restaurant, on November 27, 2018, from 5-6:00 PM. The following will be discussed at the meeting: Pie and Ice Cream Socials, other potential fundraising activities (e.g., a monthly raffle), and the Pickleball-sponsored dinner to be held on February 17, 2019. Activity volunteers are encouraged to attend the meeting.

ACTION: Alice will send an ‘email blast’ out verifying where the meeting will be held.


OLD BUSINESS

  • Alice noted there are medical information forms available for players to complete. If a player is injured playing pickleball, we will be looking inside the person’s pickleball bag for this orange form.

NEW BUSINESS

  • League information: League will start sometime in early January 2019. Only paid members will be eligible. Daryl Woods is taking this year off as ladder captain of the 3.0 ladder. Alice has sent emails to the ladder manager and other ladder captains to determine if they are still willing to continue in their roles. Tracey Campbell asked if there were any thoughts of possibly moving the 3.0 ladder play from Thursday to Monday to deconflict with the Thursday golf league. Mark Welshinger responded that this is definitely under consideration and the ladder manager and captains should meet to look at this possible change and any other recommended minor changes to the league play.
  • The new food handlers test is online and the time to complete the test has been reduced down to 30 minutes. The cost is still $10, which is reimbursable from FOS (Heather).
  • There is a first aid class on November 20, 2018. The class is free but a person that wants to take it must sign up for it at admin office.
  • Minutes from this meeting will be posted on the FOS website. Any comments will be taken at the next meeting.
  • Information regarding a forthcoming FOS survey will be provided at a 6 PM meeting following this meeting. At 7 PM, there will be a presentation regarding the FOS Master Plan.

OTHER INFORMATION

  • Bob Talley and Calvin Stone provided updated information regarding the Master Plan and work being done in the Long-Range Planning Committee. The information regarding adding amenities, including additional Pickleball courts, was encouraging. Bob Talley requested that any individual can forward their thoughts on a ‘proper solution’ (i.e., not a minimal solution) to Bob’s email ([email protected]).
  • Glen Finck provided an update on giving new players lessons. There will be times blocked out to do this. He encouraged everyone to talk to neighbors and friends about Pickleball and, if they’re interested, taking lessons.

NEXT MEETING

The next meeting of the Pickleball Club will be Wednesday, December 12, 2018, at 6:30 PM in the Poolside Room.


ADJOURN

Motion made by Mark Welshinger and seconded by Marilyn Block to adjourn the meeting at 5:41 PM. Motion carried. Opposed: None.